Yeah, I'm a little late to see this, but oh well!
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt? 12 years. Wow, that long, huh...
2. What does your username mean? My username means "Light" in Japanese. I picked up on anime (specifically SailorMoon) in junior high and used "Hikari" as my name for Japanese class (I refused to use "Hikaru" for random reasons that I can't clearly remember, but in the end, it worked out to my advantage since my sister hated the name "Hikaru"). Of course, just plain "Hikari" was taken, so I added the "-chan" suffix since I was a lot younger back when I still used the nickname among my friends in high school.
3. Describe yourself in three words. Obsessive over details.
4. Are you left or right handed? Right.
5. What was your first deviation? Hmm, I thought I would have been an oekaki doodle, but I remembered incorrectly! It was this old attempt at using Painter Classic to draw this image of Draco and Harry in honor of the 2nd Harry Potter movie coming out.
6. What is your favorite type of art to create? Fantasy
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? Painterly Realism
8. What was your first favorite? I remember when all I did was stare at enayla's art all the time.
9. What type of art do you tend to favorite the most? Fantasy
10. Who is your all-time favorite deviant artist? Hmm, hard to say really. My interests have shifted all around the spectrum of styles that I've come across. But I suppose I would say Artgerm as he's the one of my top picks that I've known of the longest.
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? Probably Artgerm. (see my reasoning in #10)
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? This is a tough one, since I lost touch with a good number of my art friends (that have DeviantArt accounts) over the years due to geographical separation, personal issues, and even lack of Internet at random points of time. Some I met while I was attending college in New York, others through Ragnarok Online, and still more through DeviantArt and pure chance elsewhere. I suppose shilin made the most impact in the sense that I had watched her graphic novel grow over the last 10 years which inspired me to go through with working on one of my own, that it is possible to make something I love into a creation that can grow and possibly inspire others. I have a lot left that I still need to do, and I don't have the time that I wish I had to work on it, but I guess this counts as some impact a fellow deviant has made on my life.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art? Adobe Photoshop CS5 and WACOM Cintiq 22HD
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? To create art... Hmm, I honestly haven't given this a lot of thought, especially since I have been recently invested my efforts into planning my wedding and working on the stationary for it. For now, I suppose I can say that it is my computer since I don't have much time to go out and look around for other sources of inspiration, and with the plethora of digital art available to view on site like DeviantArt, inspiration is just a click away!
15. What is your favorite DeviantArt memory? Well, I haven't received a DD ever, but it felt pretty awesome that one of my pieces was selected by a senior member as something they would deem worthy of a DD.
# commissionsOther Links: # an echo
| # tumblr.
| # facebook
| # twitter
| # redbubble